List Recognizes the Top Private Companies in Clean Technology
CARLSBAD, Calif — January 26, 2016 — Verdezyne, Inc., a synthetic biology company focused on producing biobased chemicals, was named to the prestigious 2015 Global Cleantech 100, produced by Cleantech Group, whose mission is to connect corporates to sustainable innovation through its i3 Connect platform and global events.
The Global Cleantech 100 represents the most innovative and promising ideas in cleantech. Featuring companies that are best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges, Global Cleantech 100 is a comprehensive list of private companies with the highest potential to make the most significant market impact.
“Being recognized as a cleantech leader by Cleantech Group, two years running, is a real honor for us,” commented E. William Radany, Ph.D., President and CEO of Verdezyne. “It serves as a reminder of the considerable progress we have made toward our goal of delivering a variety of biobased chemical alternatives to the world’s markets.”
This list is collated by combining proprietary Cleantech Group research data, with weighted qualitative judgments of hundreds of nominations, and specific inputs from a global 100-person Expert Panel. To qualify for the list, companies must be independent, for-profit, cleantech companies that are not listed on any major stock exchange.
This year, a record number of nominations were received: 6,900 distinct companies from 60 countries. These companies were weighted and scored to create a short list of 323 companies. Short-listed nominees were reviewed by Cleantech Group’s Expert Panel, resulting in a finalized list of 100 companies from 17 countries.
The 100-member expert panel was drawn equally from leading financial investors and representatives of multi-national corporations and industrials active in technology and innovation scouting across Asia, Europe, and North America. The composition of the expert panel broadly represents the global cleantech community, from pioneers and leaders to veterans and new entrants. The diversity of panelists results in a list of companies that command an expansive base of respect and support from many important players within the global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
“The Global Cleantech 100 provides us with insight into the collective opinion of key market players on which megatrends and innovation companies are most likely to have a significant impact in the next 5-10 years,” said Michele Parad, Senior Manager at Cleantech Group and lead author of the Global Cleantech 100 Report. “Now in its 7th year, the Global Cleantech 100 program reveals which themes are staying relevant and which sectors are taking center stage.”
- The complete list of 100 companies was revealed on January 25th at Cleantech Forum San Francisco: http://events.cleantech.com/cleantech-forum-sf/
- For complete information on Verdezyne’s leadership within the cleantech space, access i3 by visiting i3connect.com—Cleantech Group’s leading market intelligence platform—and search for Verdezyne.
- The list is accompanied by a full report with commentary and insight on the 2015 Global Cleantech 100—authored by Cleantech Group, powered by data from i3, and sponsored by Chubb. Download the report at: http://www.cleantech.com/indexes/global-cleantech-100/2015-global-cleantech-100/
- The complete list of Global Cleantech 100 expert panel members is available at http://www.cleantech.com/indexes/global-cleantech-100/expert-panelists/
About Cleantech Group
Founded in 2002, Cleantech Group’s mission is to accelerate sustainable innovation. Core to this mission is i3, an online platform that connects corporates with innovation, at scale, by allowing them to find, vet, and connect with start-ups—efficiently building an innovation pipeline. The i3 platform comes to life at our global Events, which convene corporates and start-ups, along with other players shaping the future of sustainable innovation. Cleantech Group is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in London. For more information, visit; www.cleantech.com
Verdezyne is a synthetic biology company offering biobased chemicals developed using proprietary metabolic pathway engineering tools. The company’s first product, BIOLON™ DDDA, earned the USDA Certified Biobased Product label, and is available worldwide. Current investors in Verdezyne include BP Ventures, DSM Venturing B.V., OVP Venture Partners, Monitor Ventures, and Sime Darby. For more information, visit www.verdezyne.com or connect with the company on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
- Verdezyne Groundbreaking Ceremony in Malaysia Commemorates Initiation Of The World’s First Biobased DDDA Plant
- Verdezyne Launches New Corrosion Inhibitor
- Verdezyne Signs Distribution Agreement With Aceto Corporation
- Verdezyne Wins Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award
- Verdezyne Wins Bloomberg’s New Energy Pioneer Award